How to enjoy 3 days in Hong Kong
Hong Kong you can't get board.
Back in 2010 we did our first trip to Southeast Asia visiting 7 countries in 2 months and Hong Kong was our last stop. Since we are more of nature-adventure and less crowded places type of couple, we stayed there only for 3 nights. That was enough for us to enjoy it.
It’s a very diverse and lively city that would be hard to get board. Combines vibrant mixture of the West and East world with soaring skyscrapers, endless shopping, street markets and delicious food. It’s also very busy with 8 million people that live there and could be overwhelming for some. If that’s the case and you need a quick break, guess what? You can take the bus and go to the beach, that’s right there are beaches in Hong Kong. Don’t have many expectations though, it’s not the Maldives and the smog still exist there, too.
Here’s how we enjoyed our time:
- Repulse Bay Beach and South Bay Beach are the two most famous beaches in Hong Kong. We can only imagine how much more developed these areas have became in the past 6 years. Being such beach bums and leaving in Colorado at that time, we took every opportunity we had to go to a beach.
- Take the Peak Tram up to Victoria Peak. It’s definitely a touristy attraction but the views are worth it.
- Tsim Sha Tsui Waterfront. Enjoy a walk and don’t miss the Avenue of Stars.
- Take the Star Ferry between Hong Kong Island and Kowloon.
- Walk around the city. You can cover a lot by foot and relax at some of the green parks there.
- Have a drink on a rooftop and enjoy the nightlife.
- Shopping. From vibrant street and night markets to luxurious shopping malls.
- Watch the Symphony of Lights. Named the ‘World’s Largest Permanent Light and Sound Show’ by Guinness World Records. Starts at 8pm and it last around 15min.
- Oh, The Food. Even for vegans we enjoyed the flavors so much.